So far, with only two weeks in the books, I already feel that CSC165 will have a strong influence on majoring in computer science. Class started with basic concepts that instantly made me re-think how I approach problem solving.
In the many years of calculus and other math classes, more often than not, I find myself trying to memorize formulas and theorems rather than trying to truly understand them. I know the easy way out is usually to memorize, but I also know that it can be a very dangerous way of learning. I'm very excited to be able to learn and use new techniques to be able to tackle any problem that comes up.
When looking at computer science, or any technical field in general, I believe it is extremely important to be able to communicate your process and ideas in a clean and concise fashion. More often than not, trying to explain technical concepts and ideas to someone, like a family member, who is not in the same program as you can be a difficult task. Being able to think and express yourself in a simple yet precise way will pay off infinitely in the future. I am very excited to see how this course progresses and inevitably helps build and strengthen the foundation needed to think like, and become, a computer scientist.
No comments:
Post a Comment