Tuesday, 14 October 2014

SLOG #4

Things have recently started to ramp up since the first assignment has been handed in. The mid-term test was written this past week and overall I think it went well. The past-tests provided were definitely beneficial in preparing for what to expect on our test.

This is the first mid-term where I've been allowed to bring in an aid-sheet to use during the test. At first I was a bit concerned since we were not given any guidelines on to what should be on the sheet, but rather to put whatever we wanted on it. I ended up going through every lab exercise set and quiz that we have done and rewrote the important questions and answers until I felt I had everything I needed on the sheet.

Although I didn't end up using about 70% of the information I squeezed onto that page, I found that being able to make one of these aid-sheets is a very productive way to review information. Even though I may not have used some of the examples I put on the sheet, I believe that going through all of them and making sure I understood what I was putting on the sheet greatly improved my understanding of many of the important topics we have covered. Hopefully the review and studying paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment